Thursday, August 6, 2009

Beans, Beans, Beans

I'm kind of stuck in a rut.
The last post was about peas, and now it's all about beans.
Christine called and asked if I wanted to come pick her beans, and Kaye Lynn and I both said yes!! We put up 17 quarts, and 19 pints yesterday, and then I did another 8 pints this morning.





Can't remember the last time I had shelves full of home grown veggies, and jam. And, I can't figure out why it has such a satisfying feeling about it. Maybe it's the Brigham Young saying etched into my mind. "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without." and the Scout motto "be prepared", but I just really have enjoyed getting some bottles full, and the knowledge that I'm doing something to be prepared.
However, just because it's been a busy summer with all of the canning and freezing, and the picking of zuchinni, we have found time to have some fun. Smores with Brett, Sarah, Will and Anna, on Sunday evening, and then swimming in Rigby lake today. I don't think I am ever going to get tired of saying this, "I love being here"




Anna and chocolate, Sarah, Anna, WilliamBrett learning to float,

1 comment:

  1. How fun for all of you! I don't think I will ever get tired of saying "I'm so glad you are here" Keep beaning, I'm just glad Joe (albertsons) is still in business.

    ReplyDelete